Brickwall Farm Cottage was formerly two
farm cottages built circa 1750.
They were then converted into one house
which became the village shop.
In the 1970’s it became a hairdressing
salon and in 1982 Janet purchased the house and shop
and continued trading as a hairdresser
In 1992 the house was refurbished and
the old beams in the lounge, dining room and the lintels
over the original window openings were discovered.
In 2001 we decide to close the hairdressers
and move home. However we did not really like any properties
that we viewed and decided to stay on in the village
and open the bed and breakfast.